Your Judgements


 Many people, based on my observation appear to have lived with with too much biases that you can almost tell they have something to say about you just from their stares alone. I wish never to become like them even if I live long enough to be called an old geezer. It will be my life's goal to be better than that, to treat others with an open heart and mind, and to hold myself accountable for when my prejudice should impart on others. May I not provide the same aura of emitting judgmental eyes to them. That others may know me well enough to the point that they won't think and feel the same way I feel when I'm the one being judged.

"But I want to be better than the lessons they taught me, I want my love to be greater than my hate, my mercy to be stronger than my vengeance." - Amy Engel, The Book of Ivy. 

Unfortunately, I have also noticed many people have been raised to be overly critical of others to the point that they don't even realize the pain they cause other people, It is hard to blame them when you realize that from the very home in which they live, such practices are held on a daily basis whether its against their neighbor, teachers, government and even their own family members; We have to break the cycle by becoming better than the values that are taught to us, don't discard them all, just improve it like a good thesis paper that way the next generation will have a smoother journey ahead.

Notes to self:

- I don't want to let my ego take over me, may I be wise enough to catch myself when my ego grows too big.

- What our society needs is to be genuinely proud of ourselves by embracing our identity and our culture. we should also learn acceptance and forgiveness so that we may be closer to the day when each Filipino is proud to be born and raised in the Pearl of the Orient. I firmly believe the only way to achieve this is by standing together and united as one.  


If you are in a setting where it can't be helped or your colleagues are very judgmental that it bothers you or you think you are also absorbing their ways, here is a tip from the meditations of Marcus Aurelius:

"So he disregards even the praise of such men - these are people who are not even satisfied with themselves. " - Marcus Aurelius


In other words, don't mind them, take care of yourself, If you are happy with yourself, than you are in great company already. If it is really in your nature to judge, than at least try not to look down on others as you do so. Thanks for reading, have a great day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts